Provence, located in southeastern France, is a region rich in history, culture, and natural beauty. With its picturesque villages, sun-kissed vineyards, and ancient Roman ruins, there is no shortage of things to see and do in this stunning region. Here are some of the best things to do in Provence.
- Visit Avignon: The historic city of Avignon is a must-visit destination in Provence. Known for its impressive Papal Palace, Avignon also boasts charming streets filled with shops, restaurants, and cafes.
- Explore Les Baux-de-Provence: This stunning hilltop village is home to ancient ruins and breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside. Don’t miss the Carrières de Lumières, an immersive art exhibit held in a former quarry.
- Taste the Wine: Provence is known for its rosé wine, but there are plenty of other varieties to discover. Take a wine tour of the region to sample some of the best local wines.
- Experience the Lavender Fields: Provence is famous for its fragrant lavender fields, which bloom in the summer months. Visit the Plateau de Valensole to see the lavender in all its glory.
- Go Hiking: The hills and mountains of Provence offer some of the best hiking in France. The Gorges du Verdon and the Luberon Regional Nature Park are two popular destinations for hikers.
- See the Roman Ruins: Provence was once part of the Roman Empire, and there are many impressive ruins to explore. The best include the Pont du Gard, the amphitheater in Nimes, and the ancient theater in Orange.
- Visit Aix-en-Provence: This elegant city is known for its beautiful architecture, charming cafes, and bustling markets. Don’t miss the Musée Granet, which houses an impressive collection of artwork.
With so much to see and do in Provence, it’s no wonder that it’s a popular destination for travelers from around the world. Whether you’re exploring ancient ruins, hiking through the countryside, or sipping local wine, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful region of France. And for a small village experience, consider visiting Paradou France, a charming village with delightful restaurants, and natural spots that will surely make your trip worthwhile.… Read the rest