You’re hurting and have a bit of neck pain after your injury. But, there’s no damage to your bike, and everything else is okay. You don’t need a lawyer, right? The team at riderzlaw.com of motorcycle accident attorneys would tell you to think twice. In most cases, after an accident, you aren’t going to feel the pain immediately. So, you don’t know if you’re okay, even though you think you are at the scene of the accident. This is just one of the reasons you might need a motorcycle accident lawyer when you’re involved in a bike accident.
What will the top lawyers tell you? The team at riderzlaw.com and the best accident lawyers will inform you to
- Talk to a doctor or specialist
- Find out if you have any lingering pain, and wait a few days to see if pain persists
- Have everything checked out to make sure there aren’t any injuries that were sustained (even if you don’t feel pain)
The top attorney is also going to inform you to avoid
- Signing anything, especially if the other party’s legal team asks you to
- Discuss the accident with others who aren’t involved
- Post anything on social media
- Talk about your injuries or damages
The top legal team has your best interest in mind. Many people think they can talk about the accident and then later ask for a higher settlement if it turns out they did sustain major injuries they didn’t immediately note. If you sign anything, you are saying you can’t go after the liable party if you are hurt. So, you need to avoid this at all costs, and you should avoid speaking to others about the accident, at least until you talk to a lawyer, to find out if you have a viable claim or not after your accident.